Today is the big day! I am finally moving!
As I am writing this post, my little sister is driving my friend and me (as well as an army of baggage) to the San Francisco airport.
Beforehand, my family and I ate our "goodbye" lunch together at my favorite place in Santa Cruz: Cafe Brasil. I needed my Brazilian food fix to hold me over during times of haggis, blood pudding, and the like. *shudders.
In addition to dietary adjustments, I will also need to prepare for Scottish weather: rain, rain, and you guessed it, more rain! Hopefully we will get a few sunny days before school starts. My very tan sister kindly noted that my already "pasty"complexion will be translucent by Christmas break. Hoebag. Sadly, she is probably right. So if you you see a glowing vet student in Edinburgh, say hi. It's probably me. ;)
Anyways, thank you to everyone sending me supportive messages. I'll miss you all so very much. I'll update as soon as I eat a pound of Scottish shortbread cookies and wade through the rain to my flat. Wish me luck!
As I am writing this post, my little sister is driving my friend and me (as well as an army of baggage) to the San Francisco airport.
Beforehand, my family and I ate our "goodbye" lunch together at my favorite place in Santa Cruz: Cafe Brasil. I needed my Brazilian food fix to hold me over during times of haggis, blood pudding, and the like. *shudders.
In addition to dietary adjustments, I will also need to prepare for Scottish weather: rain, rain, and you guessed it, more rain! Hopefully we will get a few sunny days before school starts. My very tan sister kindly noted that my already "pasty"complexion will be translucent by Christmas break. Hoebag. Sadly, she is probably right. So if you you see a glowing vet student in Edinburgh, say hi. It's probably me. ;)
Anyways, thank you to everyone sending me supportive messages. I'll miss you all so very much. I'll update as soon as I eat a pound of Scottish shortbread cookies and wade through the rain to my flat. Wish me luck!
Hey! Haggis is awesome! Also, we don't only get rain, sometimes we get hail and snow as well (as you'll discover shortly). ;)
ReplyDelete