I must say I did not think I would enjoy the graduation ceremony. A couple of hours sitting around listening to teachers, administration, and students giving cliched speeches, cameras capturing your most awkward moments (thanks again dad), magnificently corny music, you get the idea. I am happy to admit that I was wrong. I was selected to lead the student procession while carrying the school banner. I also presented the class gift to the school president and gave a little speech myself. I worried that I would trip and skewer some poor parent with the huge pointy banner, or that I would somehow mess up my speech in front of everyone I knew. Well? I did not trip and I managed to "speak with conviction" according to a beloved professor. My classmates, friends, and family cheered me on, and in my siblings' case, shot me funny looks hoping I would break character on stage (you monsters!!!). I am v. proud and excited to be moving forward towards the next big step in my life! Congrats to all of my classmates and thank you to everyone that supported us every step of the way.
*That's me in the middle!
*That's me in the middle!
So what does this all mean? I am now only 4 weeks away from living in Scotland! I just need to finish up my Visa and pack. I got this.
A quick side note: my little sister also graduated last week as her High School's Salutatorian. In addition to being gorgeous, mischievous, and brilliant, my little partner in crime has blown us all away by earning a full ride scholarship to a phenomenal private school in Northern California. Congratulations to my wonderful sister. I love you and could not be more proud.
Insert yet another victory dance for my sister and I:
No comments:
Post a Comment